Dunn Electronics, Inc., is pleased to announce the addition of POSITAL programmable encoders to our line card. POSITAL manufactures a wide range of products suitable for many industrial applications including factory automation, health care, lift construction, and material handling. Below you will find information on the POSITAL Programmable Encoder 2.0, UBIFAST Configuration Tool for Programmable Encoder, Encoder Interfaces, and the POSITAL Programmable Draw Wire Encoder. For any questions, quotes, or for additional information please Contact Us.
Programmable Encoder 2.0—no app, software installation or Internet connection required
Programmable incremental encoders have gained in popularity as the measurement characteristics of the device (number of pulses per rotation, output level, etc.) can be modified through a software update without requiring any changes to physical components.
POSITAL has taken the programmability concept to a whole new level with the new generation of IXARC programmable rotary encoders featuring:
- Incremental and absolute encoder functions on a common hardware platform
- Wide range of mechanical configurations and connector types
- Professional configuration management over the whole lifecycle
- Compact 36 mm versions
- Very compact UBIFAST Configuration box creating WiFi Hotspot
- No software installation − Configuration using any WiFi enabled device
- Parameters to program: PPR, resolution, number of turns, direction
With the new capabilities, the encoders’ performance characteristics can be extensively modified through software changes, without requiring any changes to physical components.
UBIFAST Configuration Tool for Programmable Encoder
The UBIFAST configuration tool—a hardware module that can be easily connected to programmable encoders through accessory cables—is used to configure the various parameters available in IXARC programmable encoders. The UBIFAST tool features a built-in WiFi hotspot and web server—once powered up, any WiFi-enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer can connect to the WiFi hotspot and the configuration interface will automatically open up in a standard web browser window.
- Compact housing with WLAN to create HOTSPOT
- Connects to Smart Phone/ Tablets/ Notebooks
- Web Browser Based Simple Programming
- Configuration Data sent back to POSITAL via E-mail
- Support for Programmable Analog and Programmable SSI Encoders
- Reset Encoders to Factory Settings
- Copy Same Configurations to Multiple Devices
- Linear to Rotary Converter for Simple Parameter Settings
- Interfaces: Incremental, SSI + Incremental , Analog
In addition, POSITAL also presents an Internet-enabled configuration management system for IXARC programmable encoders. Whenever a device is reconfigured, the operator has the option of registering the changes with POSITAL through an automatic email interface.
Given the wide range of applications that come under the heading “motion control”, there is clearly no single best solution for all problems. Industrial Ethernet offers advanced features that are extremely valuable to designers of large, complex factory systems. However, for smaller, more self-contained applications, simpler technologies such as fieldbus (CANopen, PROFIBUS) or point-to-point wiring (SSI, Bit-Parallel, or even Analog) have a place. POSITAL position and motion sensors—including IXARC rotary encoders, TILTIX inclinometers and LINARIX linear position sensors—are available with a full range of communications interfaces, for example:
- Incremental Interfaces
- Fieldbus Interfaces
- IO-Link Interfaces
- Analog Interfaces
- Industrial Ethernet Interfaces
- Serial Interfaces
- Parallel Interfaces
Programmable Draw Wire Encoder
In the past, linear measurements were made with pinon and racks that require precise mechanical alignment. This was inconvenient as the pinon could jump and miss a tooth subsequently delivering the wrong position information.
Thanks to LINARIX, linear position measurement is easy:
- Easily Scale Your Measurement Range for Analog Versions
- Programmable Versions Done Simply via UBIFAST
- Large Variety of Interfaces: Analog, SSI, CANopen
- Draw Wire Adapters Available from 1 to 15 M
Easily Define the Output of your Linear Sensor
With POSITAL’s LINARIX draw wires, simply press the set one button, pull the cable up to the distance you want to measure, press the set two button, and let the cable retract. This allows for anyone to simply define their own draw wire output (i.e. 0-10V at 0 to 5m or 0 to 4.252m) to match your application. This combination is available for Incremental, SSI, and Analog output.
Your machine and needs may evolve over the time. You may even need to redesign your application or apply new features. That’s why POSITAL has extended the functionality of the UBIFAST configuration tool. We make it easy for you to calculate linear measurement. In just a few clicks you will be able to program the following parameters:
- Desired Measurement Range
- Length per Revolution
UBIFAST will provide your actual linear resolution (i.e. 0.01) based on your installed products.